GST online is changing. The IRD is working through a major overhaul of its systems and processes and it’s all about making tax simpler. The first of these major changes is happening on the 7th February 2017.
This involves changes to the systems around GST.
What does this mean for me:
There will be a new section inside your myIR account called ‘My GST’ and from here you will be able to:
- Pay your GST when you file your return (direct debit, Visa or MasterCard)
- Set up email or text reminders to ensure your returns and payments are made on time – reducing the risk of penalties and interest
- Propose a GST installment plan if you are unable to pay in full by the due date
- Request amendments to previously filed returns
- Check statements, and breakdowns of transactions.
- Upload files with your GST return avoiding having to send these by post.
From the 7th February, all GST refunds will be paid directly into your bank account. No more cheques!!!
Do I need to do anything?
- If you still file your returns manually – register for a myIR account here
- If you are GST registered and we don’t prepare your returns for you – you may need to check your bank account details. The easiest way to do this is via your myIR account (don’t have one register here)
- If we complete your returns – everything will be done for you
If you are struggling with your GST or unsure about anything feel free to contact us.
GST online is changing on 7 February