Those ‘Numbers’ making your brain tired?
New Resolution for you – outsource your accounts and financial book work!
And then grab these missed nights of sleep. Work on ‘growing your business’ being energised and sharp, because here’s why keeping good sleeping routines help you manage your business better:
- It increases Your Productivity: When you sleep, your brain neurons have time to consolidate and process your acquired knowledge and experiences of the day into retained memories. This helps you recall and apply learnt knowledge easily the next day. If you are tired or sleep deprived, the recall process actually ‘stalls’ and slows down, and your brain struggles in retaining information too. You take longer to complete tasks, and err more often too.
- Mental and physical health: Overnight, both brain and muscle cells self-repair and re-energize themselves. Tissues in the body are renewed faster overnight. As for mental health, lack of sleep can lead you to be more emotional, moody and more irritable. Clients aren’t likely to hang around with grumpy tired business people, so best avoid becoming one. (Outsource what you don’t like doing and enjoy working on the areas of your business you like doing = a happier you, too!)
- Better Decision Making: Cognitive functions refer to our brain’s processing ability to think, reason, absorb and make decisions with our learnt knowledge and experiences. During sleep, waste management systems in the brain become very active, flushing out toxic wastes, and neuron pathways refresh themselves. When sleep deprived, our cognitive functions become ‘foggy’ and our ‘coping’ skills drop. Resolving situations, managing stress and making clear decisions – all become more difficult.
- Helps Maintains Your Immunity: Scientists have found lack of sleep, when the brain has little chance to release essential hormones and chemicals, reduces our body’s natural immunity abilities. Our cell defences slow down and we become more vulnerable to catching colds or infections. Really, you want to avoid getting sick, it’s never a pleasant experience, and who will manage your business?
- Helps avoid potential Health problems: Long term, poor sleep routines have been shown to contribute to increasing health problems, in diabetes, obesity, higher risk of strokes, and even heart diseases. Surely, better to maintain your health today so you can be around to enjoy fully those future financial gains you’re planning to enjoy someday, from your business?
- The Health and Safety reasons to consider, too: being sleep deprived is a real danger, especially when you are operating machinery or motor vehicles. Being drowsy makes you liable to errors, with low concentration, and your speed and ability to make corrective actions reduce. Is it worth that risk of a serious injury or even accidental death happening directly or indirectly due to little or poor sleep?
We need to remember ‘sleep’ is literally the only true ‘recharging’ option for our brain – helping refuel our minds and energy for running and managing our businesses. And it’s free to get. So, make a new resolution for you and your business’s health now …. whack those pillows, get relaxed in your evenings and charge up with those healthy, healing sleep routines.
If your work days are getting longer or it is the financial book work that has you up late nights, then why not outsource those ‘number’ jobs to us at Do The Sums Bookkeeping and More. We offer a wide range of accounting services and can work with you to tailor our services to fit in with your own business bookkeeping needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rebecca on 0273790992 and let’s chat today.
Thanks for visiting my part of the blog tour and I’d love for you to next visit