Do you file returns with the IRD?
The IRD is bringing in some changes to the way you can make payments and file returns. These changes come into effect from 1st October 2014.
So what do you need to know (from 1st October 2014):
– You will no longer be able to make cheque payments or drop off forms or returns to your local Westpac Branch.
– You can still make payments at your local Westpac branch using either cash or EFTPOS.
– Your Return and payment must reach the IRD office on or before the due date. So you can no longer post your PAYE on the 20th or your GST on the 28th if you are paying by Cheque.
What Can You Do??
– Make sure you have your bookwork up-to-date and complete your returns as soon as possible, don’t wait until the due date.
– File your returns online and make payments using internet banking. Filing returns and making payments electronically is the most efficient way to ensure you don’t miss a due date and get stung with penalties.
– If you find you are struggling to get things done, seek help early, you may find that the cost of getting an expert to complete these tasks for you is well worth the cost and could in fact save you from being stung with hefty penalties and interest. Get in touch with us today at email@example.com if you are ready to hand over some of the hassle.
– IRD News Release relating to payment changes
– MYOB Better Business Article relating to the changes